In partnership with the Department of Ille-et-Vilaine, represented by Marta Jouhier, International Relations Officer for the Department, and the Ambassador of Si tous les ports du monde, Apolline Lavana, the mission in India (Pondicherry) at the beginning of April 2017 allowed :
- Creating a French-Indian business club in Pondicherry
- Working with the steering committee of the Alankuppam Rural Heritage Center project (35 craftsmen) to promote crafts and local heritage
- Framing the work of the trainee Hélène Becquart, student in Master 2 of “Anthropologie, mobilités, hommes, temps et espace” who was sent to Pondicherry by the Department of Ille-et-Vilaine and the Network to collect testimonies of rural practices for the Rural Heritage Center of Alankuppam.
- Monitoring local cooperation and projects already carried out, notably the Chinna Verrampattinam project (development related to tourist reception) aimed at diversifying the income of the populations of this village.
- Strengthening cooperation between the Territory of Pondicherry and Ille-et-Vilaine through the exchange of good practices and training (hotel lycées, training course on tourist reception in France)
- Examining the axes of partnerships with the Principal of the French Lycée of Pondicherry – history of Saint-Malo and Puducherry, theater, cinema …