our responses to your questions
WHY BECOME A MEMBER ?
Being a member allows you to :
- participate in an international forum,
- benefit from the opportunity to establish new contacts and gives access to the many services available to Network members,
- have access to several countries in Europe and elsewhere in the world,
- participate in the Network activities and to experience different cultures.
Thanks to the Network, you have access to :
- a responsive resource center,
- an informal structure of contacts in each port city,
- a co-ordinateur, event and project organizer.
how much is the membership fee ?
This is a non-profit making organization. The fee covers all the running costs for the Network. Specific costs for different projects or activities are negotiated on an individual basis.
IS IT ONLY A NETWORK OF PORT CITIES ?
No, we consider a port city as an identified maritime region, including the city and its hinterland. The members may be cultural, economic or administrative.
who are the members ?
- private comanies (from small to multinational companies)
- local authorities/government organizations
- non-profit associations.
At present, the Network membership is around fifty members in 12 different countries.
“CULTURE AND ECONOMY” ?
Culture exchanges are vital in the development of international relations, with the knowledge and experience of a foreign culture contributing to long lasting economic exchanges. The Network places huge importance on facilitating and developing international contacts.
what are the members’s obligations ?
Each member is reponsible for promoting the Network in their own region. They have an important role as spokesperson, and encouraging participation in the Network’s activities. This contributes to the success of the Network and will assist in promoting joint working and the development of concrete project.
how is the network structureD ?
The Network is a non-profit association. The head office is based in Saint-Malo (France). The structure of the Network is made up of the Board of Administration and the co-ordination team.